Set out below are the terms on which Chic Face and Body Clinic Ltd provides service to its clients. Please ensure that you have read and fully understood them prior to booking any treatments or procedures at Chic Face & Body Clinic.
1. General terms and conditions for all clients
- These terms and conditions form the basis of the agreement between the client (you/your) and Chic Face & Body Clinic (us/our).
- By registering with us, you agree to be bound by these terms.
2. Terms relating to the coronavirus pandemic
- We are closely monitoring the current concerns surrounding the coronavirus. We are following government advice and reviewing our policies regularly.
- We have introduced additional safety measures within the clinic and can assure all our clients that their safety is our main concern. If you feel you are unable to complete your treatment course due to the coronavirus, then please speak to the clinic manager.
3. Appointments and cancellations
- All beauty and laser specialists are trained and approved in accordance with the company’s treatment protocols and therefore Chic Face & Body Clinic Ltd cannot guarantee continued treatment with a named specialist.
- We reserve the right to change your treatment/appointment to a different date, or specialist, if required.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please contact us immediately.
- Clients are requested to give us 48 hours’ notice if they wish to cancel their appointment with us. If you do not give us the appropriate notice then we can reserve the right to charge you 100% of the treatment or loss of a treatment from your package deal.
- Please arrive for your appointment on time so that the necessary paperwork can be completed. Late arrival may result in reduced treatment time or forfeiting of the appointment. We will endeavour to ensure that your appointment runs to time; however, should we need to cancel or postpone your appointment at short notice, we will make every effort to contact you in advance and you accept that we may cancel your appointment in certain circumstances upon booking.
- Prior to your appointment we will inform you of any preparation required in advance of your treatment. Failure to follow the guidelines may result in cancellation of your appointment, reduced treatment time, or additional fees being charged.
- Any client who requires treatment and brings a child with them must also be accompanied by another adult to chaperone the child whilst the client is being treated. Failure to bring an adult chaperone with any child will result in the treatment being cancelled and loss of the value pack treatment or deposit. No children under the age of 16 years must be left unattended within the clinic at any time.
- If due to exceptional circumstances not limited to illness, accidents, and bereavement, and you have to reschedule an appointment without giving us at least 48 hours prior notice, we will consider the circumstances and at our discretion decide if a cancellation charge will be charged or not.
4. Credit card details, deposits and payments
- Deposits are non-refundable in all cases.
- Should deposits remain unclaimed by the client following six months of inactivity we reserve the right to withhold the deposit.
- Prices may vary. Please refer to the price list on the website and contact us directly to confirm all treatment prices.
- We reserve the right to alter prices without prior notice.
- Some of our prices are quoted as per treatment/session. You will be charged for each treatment/session in this case.
- We do not guarantee any treatment results and will not refund any treatments carried out in any instance.
- Deposits cannot be transferred to another treatment booked in with us.
- COVID 19 – all appointments are subject to government guidelines. In these cases deposits are non-refundable and all appointments will be rescheduled.
5. Gift vouchers
- Gift vouchers are available from the clinic reception desk.
- Gift vouchers are valid for the time period specified on the gift voucher.
- Gift vouchers may be redeemed only for treatments/products which we provide at the clinic and may not be redeemed partly or wholly for cash.
- Gift vouchers can only be used by the recipient or purchaser of the voucher.
6. Eligibility for treatment & expectations
- We will not provide treatment to you if following your consultation, we believe that the treatment is not suitable for you or is not likely to be successful, as individuals differ in their responses to, and the outcome of, the treatment.
- We will not provide clinical treatments to you if you are aged under 18. We may require evidence of your age for that purpose.
- We will not provide certain treatments to you if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are currently breast feeding. We will not provide certain treatments to you if you have a medical condition or are taking medication that may make that treatment unsuitable for you.
- We will not undertake any treatment or procedure that is in conflict with any law in force, any voluntary or mandatory code of practice, or any similar rules, regulations or codes.
- It is important that all clients considering any beauty or laser treatments have realistic expectations that focus on improvement rather than perfection. Complications or less than satisfactory results are sometimes unavoidable and may require additional treatment.
- All clients must openly discuss with their specialist, prior to treatment, any history they may have, of significant emotional depression, anxiety or mental health disorders.
7. Courses of treatments
- All treatments purchased as a course must be paid for in full in advance of the first treatment.
- All laser hair removal treatment courses must be taken within 24 months of the date of purchase; any treatments left untaken after 24 months will be forfeited.
- All other beauty and laser courses are valid for 12 months unless otherwise specified on the day of purchase.
- All courses of treatments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If you are unable to complete the course of treatment for medical reasons, as supported by a letter from your GP, we will refund you the balance. The refund will be calculated by deducting the full list price of all treatments already taken, including those forfeited for non-attendance, from the total price of the course of treatment, and the difference will be returned to you.
- We do not offer a refund or transfer of payment in the event of short term/temporary side effects such as reddening, bruising, swelling, mild burning, blistering or hypo/hyperpigmentation as well as very rare side effects such as scarring and permanent discoloration.
8. Mobile phones
- We respectfully ask that when attending the clinic all mobile phones are switched off or silenced. We do not permit videography within the clinic, taken by clients.
- Every effort will be made to ensure you have the best possible outcome but as with all clinical procedures there can be a spectrum of results. Individuals differ in their responses to and the outcome of, the treatment, no clinical or financial guarantees can be given.
- Treatment fees cannot be refunded in the case of a sub-optimal result (including no result), or complications, as all fees paid are related entirely to the services provided i.e. professional time, expertise, product costs and other costs incurred in providing the treatment, and those costs are incurred irrespectively of the results achieved. Additional costs may occur should complications arise from the treatment and further treatment is required.
10. Product refunds
- Products purchased in the clinic or over the phone are non-refundable unless they are faulty.
- Faulty products will need to be returned to the clinic for an assessment before a refund can be processed.
- We do not offer a price match policy.
- Chic Face and Body Clinic Ltd will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of profit), or for any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, its provision of any goods and/or services to the client.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she provide us with all relevant medical details prior to each treatment. We will not be liable for any damage that occurs as a result of the client’s failure to disclose such details. Clients confirm they have checked their suitability for any treatments booked in with us and in some cases checking with their GP before the treatment commences.
- The client agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of, Chic Face and Body Clinic Ltd regarding the care of a treated area.
- Chic Face and Body Clinic Ltd do not employ all of the specialists that perform treatments at the clinic and they may work on a self-employed basis within the clinic. In cases where the specialists are not employed by Chic Face and Body Clinic Ltd, they are solely responsible for any treatments they carry out, and we accept no responsibility for these treatments. Any treatment concerns should be dealt with directly by the practitioner that performed the treatment.
- We agree to keep your personal data strictly in accordance with the UK Law.
- You agree to keep any dispute or complaints which arise between us strictly confidential between ourselves and our respective legal advisors and any mediator.
13. Risk complications
- The health and safety of our clients is at the heart of all we do and while we will do our very best to ensure a satisfactory outcome, no clinical procedure is entirely risk-free and the results of any particular procedure cannot be guaranteed.
- Although rare, some procedures have well documented complications and these together with your personal risk will be discussed during your consultation and documented.
You accept and agree:
- That our specialists are not qualified to give you any medical advice.
- That our specialists are entitled to rely without further enquiry on the consent to treatment given by you in the consent form.
- That as an adult (over 18 years old) the decision to have treatment has been made by you and you alone.
- That you will accept the result of your treatment without any legal recourse to us on the understanding that results are not guaranteed.
- That there are everyday risks of post-treatment infection, (in and around the area of treatment) which are beyond our control, there are also risks of burns, blisters, infections and scars on the treatment area for which you take full and sole responsibility.
- That you have decided that you do not suffer from an unsuitable medical condition; and that to the extent you accept any of the risks.
14. GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) / The Data Protection Act 2018 and your rights under the GDPR; For complete details of our collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to our privacy notice available from the clinic manager.
15. Equipment safety
- Your safety comes first. If at any time we discover, or have concerns, that any of our equipment or machines are not in proper, working condition, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment and thank you for your understanding.
16. Documents and records
- All clients must complete a registration form and provide contact details including full name, date of birth, address, telephone numbers and email address.
- All clients will be asked to sign a consent form prior to any treatment. You have the right to change your mind to treatment at any time, even after you have signed the consent form.
- We will keep records and case documents for each client registered with us.
17. Your right to complain
Chic Face and Body Clinic Ltd endeavours to treat all its clients appropriately, compassionately and fairly. If however, you have an issue with any matter in relation to your treatment with us you are entitled to lodge a complaint.
If you have any cause to complain about us or any of our specialists and your complaint in any way relates to our provision of the services then you agree in the first instance:
- To put your complaint in writing to Chic Face and Body Clinic Ltd using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address; and not to publish (or cause the publication of) your complaint any more widely whether orally to third persons, in writing to third persons or to the world at large through the use of the internet.
- We will investigate your complaint and give our considered response to it within 28 days of your complaint being received.
- If you accept any settlement outcome offered by us in our written response to your complaint, then that settlement outcome will be implemented in full and final settlement and the terms of settlement shall remain private and confidential between the parties (or any legal advisors if applicable).
- If you are unhappy with our response to your complaint then you must refer your complaint to an independent mediator to seek resolution through mediation.
- You agree the cost of mediation shall be borne by you.